Investigation of crime and its prevention has been a crucial part of police organization since its very establishment. As stated in the Police Act, 2012, it is the prime responsibility of police to successfully investigate crime to establish peace and security. In today’s rapidly modernizing context, the scope and area of crime has broadened itself far beyond imagination. Given the emergence of sophisticated scientific aids and cutting-edge technologies, proliferation of crime can no longer be curbed by primitive approach of investigation .Therefore, to keep in pace with these vivid changes in crime patterns Nepal Police has been providing various trainings related to crime investigation through Detective Training School (DTS), which was established in accordance to the recommendation made by the Commission on Police Reformation and Recommendation 2050 B.S.(1993 A.D.) Later, the erstwhile His Majesty’s Government (HMG) decided to establish the DTS under the control and supervision of National Police Academy by converting the Detective Training Wing into the DTS on 28 Poush 2052 (January 1995). The school is now functioning under the direct control of Senior Superintendent of Police
- To produce expert human resources for crime management in the emerging context as well as produce skilled and trained manpower in the field of crime scene investigation and crime investigation.
- To enhance necessary professional capabilities for the successful handling of crime investigation.
- To promote efficiency of Nepal Police by developing professional manpower for the crime investigation and control in order to maintain peace and order.
- To prepare the curriculum and training manual related to the crime investigation in the coordination with CID Department and Training Directorate, PHQ.
- To examine bases of the recognized policies as determined by the organization pertaining to the required manpower and various levels for the crime investigation training.
- To ensure the quality of crime investigation training organized by the regional level police training centers.
Trainings provided by School at present:
- Crime investigation for senior police officers
- Scene of crime officer ( SOCO) for both senior and junior police officers
- Crime s cene management for senior officers
- Investigative interview for senior officers
- Investigative interview for junior officers
- Crime against women and children for senior officers
- SOCO refresher
- Surveillance orientation
- Basic police inspector training (crime investigation)
- Basic intelligence course
- Kidnapping case investigation
Total strength of School:
No. Of trained human power at present:
|S.N.||Name of the Training||Produced Manpower||Group|
|1.||Crime Investigation Training||1||8||753||-||-||-||-||762||38th-71th|
|2.||Scene of Crime Officer Training||-||-||4||1||277||-||-||282||1st-19th|
|3.||Crime Management Training||-||-||23||-||-||-||-||23||1st-2nd|
|4.||Investigative Interview ( Senior Officer)||-||7||105||-||-||-||-||220||1st-14th|
|5.||Investigative Interview ( Junior Officer)||-||-||-||98||102||-||-||200||1st-14th|
|6.||Crime against Women and Children||-||2||4||16||24||16||45||107||1st-5th|
|8.||Prevention of Women Trafficking and Sexual Abuse of Children||-||2||20||-||-||-||-||22||1st-1st|
|9.||Procedural Law ( Orientation )||-||-||-||2||21||12||18||53||1st-2nd|
|10.||Crime Pattern Analysis( Orientation )||-||5||6||2||8||-||-||21||1st-1st|
|13.||Basic Information Collection Orientation||-||-||4||8||12||-||-||24||1st-1st|
|14.||Terrorist Case Investigation Orientation||-||-||3||5||6||-||1||15||1st-1st|
|15.||Metro Police Orientation Program||-||-||-||35||27||32||38||132||A,B,C|
|16.||Basic Intelligence Training||-||5||91||62||98||-||-||256||1st-11th|
|17.||Crime Investigation Refresher Training||-||13||74||-||-||-||-||87||1st-4th|
|18.||Kidnapping Case Investigation||-||3||32||39||18||-||-||92||1st-4th|
|19.||Crime Investigation Related to Women & Children(SO)||-||16||29||-||-||-||-||45||1st-2nd|