Post Graduate Diploma in Police Science(PGDPS) Program
In view of increasing need to make police officials more competent and adaptive to contemporary situation, National Police Academy(NPA) has designed a Post Graduate Diploma in Police Science(PGDPS). The Program, which is going to run by the end of 2005, has the affiliation of Tribhuvan University(TU) Kathmandu. The Faculty of Management and the Central Department of Public Administration have already accepted the program . The newly recruited police inspectors are required to undertake this program.
This program has been divided into two major components. The first component of PGDPS covers Credit Courses. The second component constitutes non-credit courses which is absolutely administered by NPA.
Objectives of the Program:
- Increase and enhance the standard of present training module.
- Boost up the morale of trainees.
- Produce qualified and well trained Police Officers for Nepal Police.
Framework of the Program:
|Level:||Post Graduate Diploma in Police Science (PGDPS)|
|Number of Semester:||2 (Two)|
|Total Duration:||10 Months|
|Number of Subject:||10|
S.No. Course Code Course Title
1. PSC 401 Foundations of Public Affairs Management
2. PSC 402 Basic Police Administration
3. PSC 403 Police Operations Management
4. PSC 404 Emerging Issues in Policing
5. PSC 405 Constitutional and Legal Studies in Nepal
Semester - II
S. No. Course Code Course Title
1. PSC 406 Research Methodology in Police Science
2. PSC 407 Strategic Management
3. PSC 408 Crime Management
4. PSC 409 Crime Investigation
5. PSC 410 Special Case Investigation
Non Credit Courses
1. Forensic Science
2. Primary Parade
3 Armed Parade
4. Police Tactics & Field Craft
5. Musketry & Firing
6. Special Skills Development
7. Public Order Management
8. Physical Endurence & Confidence Building