Post Graduate Diploma in Police Science(PGDPS) Program
In view of increasing need to make police officials more competent and adaptive to contemporary situation, National Police Academy(NPA) has designed a Post Graduate Diploma in Police Science(PGDPS). The Program has affiliation of Tribhuvan University(TU) Kathmandu. The Faculty of Management and the Central Department of Public Administration have already accepted the program. The newly recruited police inspectors are required to undertake this program.
This program has been divided into two major components. The first component of PGDPS covers Credit Courses. The second component constitutes non-credit courses which is absolutely administered by NPA.
The rationale of PGDPS Program can be attributed to the following basic concerns: Necessity to modify the old training systems of Nepal Police in present situation. Strategic Plans of Nepal Police to establish the National Police Academy as a Centre for
Objectives of the Program:
- Increase and enhance the standard of present training module.
- Boost up the morale of trainees.
- Produce qualified and well trained Police Officers for Nepal Police.
Framework of the Program:
|Level:||Post Graduate Diploma in Police Science (PGDPS)|
|Number of Semester:||2 (Two)|
|Total Duration:||10 Months|
|Number of Subject:||10|
S.No. Course Code Course Title
1. PSC 401 Foundations of Public Affairs Management
2. PSC 402 Basic Police Administration
3. PSC 403 Police Operations Management
4. PSC 404 Security Management
5. PSC 405 Constitutional and Legal System in Nepal
Semester - II
S. No. Course Code Course Title
1. PSC 406 Social Research
2. PSC 407 Development Management
3. PSC 408 Crime Management
4. PSC 409 Crime Investigation Management
5. PSC 410 Forencis Science
Non Credit Courses
S. No. Course Title
1. General Police Administration and Legal Studies
2. Crime Investigation and Forensic Science
3 Police Operation Management and Tactics
4. Police Security Management
6. Musketry and Firing
7. Physical Endurance & Confidence Building
8. Field Attachment
9. Discipline and Conduct